Tuesday 26 June 2012

Top 5 favourite Phantoms!

Hi, I've decided to reveal to you my top 5 favourite Phantoms cos to be honest, there aren't any that I hate vocally or acting wise (except for Gerard Butler).
1) 25th anniversary Phantom, original Phantom in Love Never Dies & London's youngest ever Phantom when he was 28, Ramin Karimloo! His voice always manages to seduce me & he has brought different qualities into his interpretation to the Phantom which I haven't seen in any other actor before him. I saw him in Love Never Dies twice & he was the only good  thing about it, to be honest, and he left me in tears  when I went to the concert at the Royal Albert Hall at the end of the performance & seduced me during Music of the Night & I think he's so nice & lovely because I've managed to meet him twice: once after an evening performance of LND & at a CD signing a few months ago for his début album. 

2) Current UK tour Phantom & London's longest running Phantom, John Owen-Jones. The 41 year-old Welsh actor has an amazing voice & acting qualities for the Phantom, especially during the Final Lair scene after he lets Raoul & Christine go, after watching his final performance on YouTube before he returned in 2010. Also, he was clearly a favourite with fans because during the encore of the 25th anniversary concert, he was the one who everybody seemed to have loved more than the other Phantoms who were on-stage with him while singing with Sarah Brightman. 


3) Original Phantom & Some Mothers Do 'ave 'em star, Michael Crawford. When I first heard him sing, I was quite shocked with the quality of it, considering he has a rather high voice for a man with a baritone range, especially after watching the original music video for Music of the Night. I also think if it weren't for him replacing Steve Hartley as the original Phantom, I don't think the show would've been as successful as it is now, because to be honest, I didn't like Steve Hartley because he sounded too rock to be the seductive Phantom.


4) Broadway Phantom Gary Mauer AKA the Phantom whose wife played Christine with him on-stage. His voice is just magnificent & his version of Music of the Night was amazing & he really brought his emotion in his performances opposite his wife, Elizabeth Southard especially during the Final Lair scene & the Journey scene.






5) Original Australian Phantom, Anthony Warlow, mainly because of his powerful & flawless voice, after listening to & watching videos of him in the stage production & he was amazing at the 25th anniversary concert, especially when he sang his bits of Music of the Night & the title song with Sarah Brightman, as well as with the other Phantoms who were with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment