Sunday 24 June 2012

Top 10 favourite Cosettes!

Since I don't have any Cosettes I personally or openly hate, I'm just going to reveal my favourite ones because all of the ones I've heard aren't that bad, despite the fact I don't like the character because she's just an ingénue & a boyfriend stealer who Eponine clearly deserves in contrast to her.

1) Original London Cosette & Christine in the Toronto production of Phantom, Rebecca Caine. Her voice is so pretty & suiting for the role & still sounded as beautiful as ever at the 25th anniversary concert (and I prefer her to Sarah Brightman in Phantom which is an added bonus!).





2) 25th anniversary concert & tour & previous London Cosette Katie Hall. Her voice is so beautiful & gives Cosette a sweetness & innocence & pureness within her personality, as well as showing a yearning & needing to know about her life as a child with the Thenardiers & about her mother in In My Life. 





3) Original Broadway & 10th Anniversary Cosette Judy Kuhn. Her voice is clearly trained to play the young Cosette & is a very pretty one for the role, & made her sound so happy during A Heart Full Of Love, even if you were meant to feel sorry for Eponine (also, I love her because she was Pocahontas' singing voice & found it very coincidental that Lea Salonga, AKA Jasmine & Mulan's singing voices, was singing with her in the 10th Anniversary Concert!).







4) Recent London Cosette (whose just left! ): ), Lisa Anne-Wood. Her voice sounds really angelic to me & to be honest, when I first heard her, I thought it was Katie Hall & the wrong name was used! I could tell from her first performance that she's definitely improved to become one of my all-time favourite Cosettes overall & in London. Also, her pretty face also shows Cosette's sweetness & innocence with her voice.




5)Previous London Cosette & How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria contestant Leanne Dobinson. I just think her voice sounds pretty & I think her child-like looks also show Cosette's innocence & show her yearning to know about her past.



6) Spanish dubbing actress for Christine in the Phantom 2004 film & previous London Cosette Julia Möller. I couldn't find any videos of her as Cosette where she sang, but I found her singing as Christine in the Spanish dub of Phantom & I could tell she had qualities of a youthful & sweet Cosette & her face when she looks at Marius when they first meet said it all about her love for him from the video I saw. 










7) Current Cosette & Fantine understudy AJ Callaghan. I saw her as Cosette in London & I thought she was so much better than principal actress Lucie Jones at the time (I listened to & watched videos of her singing in it in preparation for knowing how the cast at the time sounded) because I thought her voice sounded more trained & experienced as Cosette & showed off her personality more. Just so you know, I had to printscreen a pic of AJ in a performance on YouTube & crop it so it was a photo because I couldn't find a single photo of her as Cosette on-line.






8) Former London understudy Cosette & former Christine alternate in Phantom, Tabitha Webb. I saw her as Christine in London & I adored her & when I found audio of her as Cosette in Les Mis, that just made me love her even more, with her sweet & innocent voice creating both a sweet & innocent Cosette & a sweet & innocent Christine! Just so you know, I couldn't find any photos of Tabitha as Cosette or any videos which I could printscreen so I found it relevant to use an image of one of her more well known characters who is very similar to Cosette in personality.









9) 21st Anniversary London Cosette & previously Christine in Phantom in London & current Glinda in Wicked in London, Gina Beck. I just think her voice is so pretty & shows a strong-mindedness within Cosette which I haven't seen in any other actress who has played her before, especially during In My Life & A Heart Full Of Love, with her young face showing her youthfulness yet her maturity at the same time during Every Day & the Epilogue.











10) Cosette understudy Zoe Doano, because I think her voice shows she is worth so much more than an understudy &  in a in an unusual sense kind of reminds me of another Katie Hall, but with her own qualities which make Cosette her own character, especially when she sings In My Life.







No comments:

Post a Comment