Wednesday 19 September 2012

Top 5 Best & Worst Fantines in Les Miz!

Top 5 Best Fantines
1) Fantine & Eponine, Lea Salonga! Her voice is so beautiful, yet powerful & very emotional during I Dreamed A Dream & Fantine's Arrest which made me have tears in my eyes during the 25th Anniversary concert!







2) London & Broadway star, Sierra Boggess! I've only heard audio clips of her, but I think she sounds amazing & she certainly looks the part, even if she'll always be my Christine & Ariel! Rather ironic her real life fiancĂ© & co-star Tam Mutu arrests her & is just a horrible bastard towards her when they're really in love!





3) London Fantine, Rebecca Seale! I saw her as Fantine last year & she was amazing during I Dreamed A Dream & she was so lovely when I met her afterwards. She was actually the first actress I'd ever met at a stage door for a show & she was so lovely & nice! I guess all Fantines are the nicest actresses to meet, like Sierra Boggess (see previous post to see what I'm talking about!)!




4) 10th Anniversary Fantine, Ruthie Henshall! I thought her Fantine was so emotional in all the right places, especially during Fantine's Arrest & Come to Me!







5) 2012 film fantine, Anne Hathaway! From what I've heard from the trailer, she sounds amazing & I did listen to her sing On My Own during the Oscars which she clearly showed her singing talents in, but I could also see the emotional side to her crying-singing which actually worked for me instead of being over the top. Also, very sacrificing to actually have all her hair chopped off instead of wearing a wig!





Top 5 Worst Fantines
1) Madalena Alberto from the 25th Anniversary UK Tour. I just didn't picture her as Fantine at all & I hated her singing voice during I Dreamed A Dream & her acting skills were horrible during Fantine's Death & I didn't think she showed enough emotion or sympathy towards the character.






2) 2006 Broadway Revival Fantine & original Mimi from Rent, Daphne Rubin-Vega. As much as I loved her voice in Rent, I didn't think it suited Fantine & I hated they changed the key at the end of the song I Dreamed A Dream for her voice.







3) 25th Anniversary US Tour Fantine, Betsy Morgan. I just think she was too quick singing I Dreamed A Dream & just wanted to get it out of the way!








4) Hollywood Bowl Production Fantine, Melora Hardin. I think her voice was too weak while singing I Dreamed A Dream & I think she was too old to play Fantine. Also, I couldn't stand her vibrato on the build up to the climax of I Dreamed A Dream.




5) Original London Fantine, Patti Lupone. I just couldn't stand her voice at all & she just didn't look like the young & innocent Fantine to me, with her wig being way too curly & not suiting her at all. Maybe I just don't like her in general because I heard her in the revival of Gypsy & I didn't like her then.


No comments:

Post a Comment