Thursday 5 July 2012

Top 5 Favourite Glindas from Wicked!

1) Smash star & Broadway & L.A Glinda, Megan Hilty. To me, she's the funniest Glinda ever, especially during Popular (who couldn't forget her final Broadway performance of Popular!), with all the crazy things she does, but shows a hidden side to Glinda with her friendship with Elphaba, as well as making her funnily selfish & vain, when she's Galinda. She's definitely made her the archetypal dumb blonde daddy's girl!





2) Original Glinda Kristin Chenoweth, mainly because of her sweet voice, which sort of reminds me of a mouse, and I loved her in Pushing Daisies & Glee, which is an added bonus! I also love how the show gave her the opportunity to show off her soprano range, which is very powerful indeed!





3) London Glinda & West End veteran, Dianne Pilkington. I saw her in London a few years ago (Ashleigh Gray's final performance as a standby) & I thought she was hilarious, and made me laugh my head off in Popular & the cat-fight scene, & I was surprised with how deep her normal voice is to have such a pretty soprano one, even if she sounds like a child, which is what Glinda acts like for virtually all of Act One!




4) US tour Glinda, Annaleigh Ashford, because she also makes me laugh, like Megan Hilty (especially the 'I'm OK' bit in Popular!), making her officially a dumb blonde & I also liked her Sex & The City cameo & as Margot in Legally Blonde on Broadway!







5) Current London Glinda & previous Christine in Phantom, Gina Beck. She definitely bring operatic qualities to the character, while making you laugh with her personality, as well as her prettiness showing she isn't as dumb of a blonde as you think .

No comments:

Post a Comment